Enjoy the Benefits of an Electronic Air Cleaner
If you’re concerned about your home’s indoor air quality, you may want to consider having an electronic air cleaner installed by Custom Climate Concepts. Electronic air cleaners use charged filters to eliminate allergens and other airborne particles from your home’s air. While larger particles are trapped by an uncharged prefilter, smaller contaminants are pulled into a chamber and given an electric charge. They are then collected by plates of an opposite charge, which you can remove and empty.
Get In Touch Anytime, 24/7
Receive a quick response from our experienced team for any questions or service requests!
Electronic Air Cleaners offer numerous benefits:
- Removing even the smallest of pollutants, such as bacteria and viruses. Meaning premium indoor air quality for you and your family!
- They are cost-effective! Instead of paying for new filters every few months, you’ll only need to make a one-time payment, as electronic filters do not need to be replaced.
- They are reusable! Simply wash your filter, and easily install it back into your system. This saves resources, time and money, as even cheap filter replacements will add up over time!
How To Clean Your Electronic Air Filter
While you don’t have to clean your reusable filter every day, you must do so regularly. Otherwise, it could lead to major problems down the road.
First, make sure your electronic air cleaner is turned off, along with your heating and cooling systems. Next, wait about 30 seconds before detaching the access door. Pull out each cell before the prefilters, and shut the access door while you wash your filter. Now you’re ready to get cleaning!
- Mix about ¾ of a cup of standard dishwasher detergent per cell in a large tub or bucket.
- Allow the cells to soak in the solution for approximately 20 minutes.
- Gently move each unit up and down a few times before removal.
- To protect the cells’ aluminum exterior, use a detergent that contains sodium silicates.
If you have any questions regarding electronic air cleaners, and whether one may be right for you, give Custom Climate Concepts a call at (941) 955-2665 today!